Friday, January 23, 2009

Coming home

Dean Singleton, CEO of Media News Group ---- the company I happen to work for ---- is in town today, though I doubt he'll pay a visit to some of his smaller publications.

We never know what visits from the head honcho will mean for our struggling company, which like so many other newspaper groups is laying off employees and cutting benefits to make ends meet.

Word is Singleton will be in Woodland Hills, at the office of the Los Angeles Daily News. Apparently, he pays L.A. a visit at least a few times a year, though I've never met him.

Since questions about impending employee layoffs are always answered by our more immediate bosses almost as politically as some of the state legislators I talk to everyday for stories, I wonder what Singleton would say if I asked him directly whether or not I should be worried about my job?

I should probably stop talking now.

1 comment: